Five Top Reasons Why Blogging is the New Kid on the Internet Marketing Block
Blogging really took off in the late 90s. It used to be a forum for voicing one’s opinion on a given topic, but has evolved into masses of opinions on just about anything under the sun. As it continues to evolve, online advertising has entered the blog arena. Here are five top reasons why you should consider blogging as a serious internet marketing tool.
1. Blogging is simple. If you have a PC and an Internet connection then its easy for the average Jane to start within minutes, and advertise products, ideas or websites !
2. Blogging has a more ‘authentic’ feel to it. In many blogs, real people share their real-life experiences, untouched by paid advertising. Reading blogs about first-hand product use is increasingly being used by web shoppers as an authentic source of information before pressing the ‘pay here now‘ button.
3. Blogging is mostly free. Because blogging is not yet a mainstream online advertising media, most sites still offer it for free. Anything free is definitely a bonus to start up businesses. Of course, paid blog pages generate more income for your growing business.
4. Blogging builds your credibility. As you get more and more into writing about your experience on a particular product or theme, your readers come to depend on your posts for advice. As you become an ‘expert’ more readers visit your site and more bloggers link to your posts. As companies and professionals notice your growing readership, they may soon contact you for advertising on your blog, or offer you an affiliate ship, which is excellent, either way.
5. Blogging gradually ‘builds’ your market. Unless your face is well known on magazine stands, I’ll bet that only your Mom reads your posts. Mom has a lot of friends too, so may be you’ll end up with a hundred after all !
But give poor Mom a break and consider the following :
- Use your e-mail. Invite people to explore your site by posting a short e-mail message to contacts or forums as teasers to your blog. If your e-mail is on a totally different subject, use your e-mail signature to give a link to the site.
- Use subscription. An easy way to get your readers’ e-mail is to give them an opportunity to subscribe to your blog. Keep some exclusive goodies for your subscribers to entice them give away their e-mail addresses. Just be responsible in using their e-mail address too : the last thing you want is being accused of spamming !
- Use RSS. RSS is the fastest growing Internet technology today. RSS feeds to your blog is definitely another means of generating awareness for your readers. Having a variety of feeds can add interest to your blog site, apart from constantly advertise ‘you’.
Blog your way to success !
Source : Here!