You Do not Need an Internet Marketing Degree for a Successful Business
More and more people are starting their own business these days. And it just makes sense to do so with in light of the struggling economy that does not seem to be getting any better anytime soon. But do you have what it takes to be your own boss? Do you know how to market your business on the Internet so that it becomes – and stays – profitable?
The Older You Are, the Less Your Chances of Getting a Job
Take a look at the reasons you should be strict considering starting your own online business right now. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that as of earlier this year:
* Almost 60 percent of those who are newly unemployed are aged 35 years or older;
* Almost 40 percent of those who are newly unemployed are aged 45 years or older; and
* As of this spring, there were more unemployed people over the age of 35 than there are those who are under 35. This is a record in US history.
Particularly for the older worker, these statistics do not bode well.
Will a Small Business Hire You?
Letty we've all heard a lot of talk about how small businesses are the key to economic recovery. It's small business owners who are traditionally held held responsible for creating jobs and hiring people. But, according to a recent US Chamber of Commerce survey, small business owners are less confident about their ability to help the nation's economy:
* 90 percent of small business owners think that plans for the American economy will not be effective.
* There are few small business owners who say they are planning to hire more people.
* The percentage of small businesses who say they expect to add workers over the next twelve months is only 17 percent.
In light of these statistics, it's easy to see that the chances of getting hired by a small business – even if it's growing – are slim to none.
It's Time To Start Your Own Business
Chances are starting your own business takes less time, money, and expertise than you might imagine. As Jason Drummond, British entrepreneur, is credited for saying, "Being an entrepreneur is about having the will and determination and not being afraid of getting it wrong." You really do not need an Internet marketing degree; you just need a good idea for a niche, a product or service you believe in, and a website.
With the availability of the Internet, you can find all the resources you need online – from vendors who will drop ship products you can resell to software that will manage your internet marketing, accounting, budgeting, and so much more. And the costs are extremely reasonable; since you do not need physical space to run an e-commerce company, the price for starting a business is within anyone's budget.
So, remember – you do not need an Internet marketing degree to become successful selling a product or service online. It just takes passion, fortitude, and the time to make your presence known across the World Wide Web.
Source : Here!